I was r/btc on Reddit on May 2, 2021 for an AMA (Ask Me Anything). Some topics covered included prediction markets, PMv3, CashTokens, and Bitcoin Cash development.
The post is copied below.
I'm Jason Dreyzehner, author of the PMv3 Cash Improvement Proposal, a v3 transaction format which would allow Bitcoin Cash contracts to interact and work together.
With PMv3, we can build highly-scalable, decentralized applications on Bitcoin Cash.
Ask Me Anything!
Thank you to /u/legofan_1 and the /r/btc mods for setting up this AMA (and also for the work they do growing this community). If you're interested in following PMv3 development, please join the PMv3 & CashTokens Telegram Channel.
(edit: Tweet confirming this thread.)
This introduction to Prediction Markets on Bitcoin Cash is a good place to start for newcomers to prediction markets. I talk about how they work, how they'll change the world, and how PMs are a killer application for Bitcoin Cash.
There's also a video: Prediction Markets on Bitcoin Cash where we deep-dive into how PMv3 works, CashTokens, prediction markets, synthetic assets, decentralized exchanges, BCH scaling considerations, comparisons with ETH, and more.
And here are some other topics I've written about recently:
- Capped "prediction markets" are barely prediction markets
- Alice is a farmer in Africa. She wants to buy drought insurance from a BCH prediction market...
- How Bitcoin Cash outperforms Ethereum's "global state" paradigm
- I expect most decentralized applications to be separate P2P networks ...
- Introduction to the CashTokens contract
- Step-by-step description of CashTokens code and inline-comments
- PMv3 prepares the transaction format for signature aggregation, which could reduce average transaction sizes by >20%
- How the CashTokens contract differs from the Group Token upgrade proposal and my unanswered concerns about Group Tokens
- Bitcoin Cash should support 64 bit math (but no larger)
- Bitcoin Cash VM math is more efficient than Ethereum VM math
- IMO, BCH will never need more than 255 opcodes
- Raising the 520 byte push limit & 201 operation limit
- How to save many KBs for large BCH transactions
- BCH can do LN better than BTC + why BCH should fix malleability
- Chain splits aren't always bad, our infrastructure is just too brittle
- The easier it is to split, the harder it is to capture BCH
- Prediction markets may help 1) resolve BCH protocol design disputes and 2) fund development (from BCH Prediction Market Telegram Group)
And finally, please subscribe to my blog for future updates about Bitcoin Cash development. Thanks!